Some food for thought:
Cool chart? I thought so. 😉 It can also relate to happiness. Agree/disagree? I didn’t really want to talk about successful/unsuccessful people today, though. I don’t think you can really judge who is successful or not without knowing what their priorities, or what success means to THEM are first.
Anywayssss, Its that time of the year again…new years! I always look forward to spending time with friends/family/laughing/attending parties…but then again…every year I/we get the same question.
“Sooo do you have any new year resolutions??”
Hahaha oh boy do I try my best just to avoid the question…especially if the person as told me their resolutions already. And you know what, its perfectly okay if you DO ask me…its just when I think of the question, it doesn’t quite make sense. Why in the world would I wait until the new year to start goals? In my opinion, its just an excuse to not do something until the new year.
How many times have you seen the gym totally packed for the month of January, and then once February, March, or April rolls around it gets progressively emptier? Or diets that last 2 weeks? Its easy to say “I want to lose 15 lbs” but how will you do it? Why not set small goals first? “I will go to the gym 3 times a week.” Commit to a few things first, then build. What I’m trying to say is life is a series of actions, not words. ACTION! I believe a yearly bucket list or something of the kind would be more appropriate for the start of the year.
Without further ado…this is what I would LOVE to accomplish/do in 2013 (probably will grow when I think of more).
1) Do somethin’ crazy, do somethin’ crazy! Hahaha jk, make some progress in the break dancing department. I started a little bit with a friend a few months back. He taught me all that he knows (which is the basics), and I’m kind of just teaching myself at the moment. Super fun! 🙂 I definitely do enjoy dancing…behind closed, locked, doors. :p
2) Visit my cousins/friends in their respective colleges/towns. Specifically LA/SD/Washington DC/Berkeley/Vegas/Wherever my brother gets in. Its really tough sometimes when you’re working/have a social life to forget to engage with the people you love who live away from you…I never want friends or family to think I’m too busy for them. EVER.
3) Move into an apartment or condo. Oh BOY do I love my family, but its time to move out! Freedommm, freeedom!! 😀
4) Go to a concert. One Republic? Macklemore? Usher? We’ll see! ❤
5) Do more Archery. Not gonna lie, I’ve been kind of slacking on practicing for Archery. Distance is a bit of a problem since the range is ~40 mins away. BUT I will not make excuses. If anything a DIY project for the backyard…I just have to make sure there’s no way an arrow will fly out of my backyard and hit someone D:
6) Go paint balling. I’ve never been, and it looks sooo fun. Not really looking forward to the welts, but I am looking forward to doing a shoulder roll or diving into the action ;P I CAN IMAGINE IT NOW!
7) Join a Dojo. Not sure where. Not sure what discipline. I just know I want to progress with training and to learn more about the art in general. I have a dojo in mind, and I hope life leads me towards that direction…these next few months will determine where I’ll study! 😀
8) The Color Run (5k). A little bit of background…I dislike running. A lot…a lot a lot. I will probably write another entry for this another time…however as some of you might know, my left ankle is not in the besttt condition due to an injury when in college. BUT I’ve been rehabbing it on my own for the past few years, and I’m happy to say that its getting better. 🙂 Anywaysss, the run looks suuuper fun, and will force me to train in something I’m not too fond of: running. 2x a week starting…today 12/31. Ugh. I hope I’ll fall in love with running after this 😉
9) Apply to the Amazing Race with my brother. We’ve been wanting to compete in the race since the show first aired! 18 was the minimum age before…but when my bro turned 18, it turned to 21! 😦 Next year he’ll be of age… It would be a dream come true to travel and compete with the little dude!
10) Put up some drum covers for you all. I rarely blog about drumming these days…I’m most definitely not that great of a drummer. But its one of my passions! Use what talents you posses, pursue it, and don’t be afraid to show others! “If only the birds with the sweetest voices sang in the trees, the forest would be a quieter place.”
11) More “Me” time. Over working, over playing, and just pushing too hard is taking a huge toll on my body. I’m the type of person who wants to go after something full speed…which would be fine if its one thing at a time. But I have a lot I want to accomplish! I would like to take more days for myself to breathe, relax, and take things in. I can’t think of a relax day as an unproductive day…it really is quite unhealthy to ignore your body esp. if its asking for rest. Ok well…maybe I can start with more “half” relax days, first 😉
Happy New Years, everyone Lets bring in 2013 with a bang! 😀